Line of Authority?
One important detail for those who officiate in Priesthood Ordinances is the ability to trace their authority. This lists each successive individual who passed on the Melchezidek Priesthood on down to Levi Edgar Young.
Line of Ordination of Levi Edgar Young to the Office of Seventy in
the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- The Prophet Joseph ordained Joseph Young a seventy on February 28, 1835.
- Joseph Young ordained Edmund Ellsworth a seventy on March 8, 1843.
- Edmund Ellsworth ordained Seymour B. Young a seventy on February 18, 1857.
Seymour B. Young ordained Levi Edgar Young a seventy on June 18, 1897.
- Levi Edgar Young was ordained one of the First Seven Presidents of Seventy on January 23, 1910, by Apostle John Henry Smith.
- John Henry Smith was ordained an Apostle on October 27, 1880, by Apostle Wilford Woodruff.
- Wilford Woodruff was ordained an Apostle on April 26, 1839, at Far West, Missouri, by Brigham Young.
- Brigham Young was ordained an Apostle on February 14, 1835, by David Whitmer, one of the Three Witnesses of the Book of Mormon, and the ordination was confirmed at the same time by the First Presidency of the Church, then Joseph Smith, Jr., Sidney Rigdon and Frederick G. Williams.
- Joseph Smith, Jr., was ordained an Apostle under the hands of Peter, James and John, sometime in June, 1829.
- Peter, James and John were ordained Apostles by the Lord Jesus Christ. (St. John XV.)